Many also prefer using these heaters over central heating in places where the climate is not too chilly, with just a few months colder than others. There are a number of both electric and gas heaters each with their own benefits. It is important to research well, before buying a portable heater for your home.
Best Infrared heater for Large Spaces
The Dr Infrared Infrared Space Heater highly advanced dual system increases the heat transfer rates and evenly heats up a large room rather quickly and efficiently.
This heater thanks to its newly engineered technology produces almost 60% more heat when compared to other heaters in it’s segment. There are absolutely exposed elements thus making this heater safe to use around kids and pets.It also features an over heat cut off as well as tip over protection system that makes it all the more safe to use at home.
This dual heating system designed in the US, has a temperature range of 65 to 86 degrees, making it versatile to use in all rooms of the house.
Users say that this heater is very quiet and efficient. It can heat up a room of up to 1000 sq ft in as less as 20 minutes. It is smaller than you might expect making it very portable. The design is yet another thing that users like about this unit. It is so aesthetically designed that it blends into any home décor! The wheels are an added plus that makes it easy to move this heater from one room to another.
Best Energy Efficient heater for Large Rooms
The Vornado VH110 room heater not just generates heat but also uniformly distributes to all corners of the room, making the room comfy and warm. It has 3 heat settings that you can choose from based on your heating needs- 750 watts, 1250 watts and 1500 watts.
In the highest setting it can easily heat up a large room rather quickly. This energy efficient heater has a thermostatic temperature control that is easy to use. A tip over switch automatically cuts the power heat when the unit tips over.
Users like that the unit stays cool to touch even after hours of use. Many say that this unit outputs 102 deg of constant heat and is whisper quiet in operation. The thermostatic control is rather easy to use, and the desired setting can be chosen by a mere turn of the knob. Users find this model very portable too, and vote this as the best portable heater for large rooms.
Best Ceramic Heater for Big Rooms
The Lasko 760000 is a cyclonic ceramic heater that is ETL listed. It measures just 16.8″ x 6.5″ x 24.9″ and has a multi function remote control that is very easy and convenient to use. The model also features a fresh air ionizer feature.
The cyclonic heat penetration helps warm a large room quickly and efficiently. This model has been rated with 4 stars on Amazon and has over a hundred positive reviews to its name. At just $80, this ceramic heater is worth every penny spent!
Users love this unit, as the back remains cool after hours of use. It is also very quiet and hardly noticeable in the room even when in use. Many claim that this small heater is efficient enough to heat up a room on the coldest winter nights when the temperature hits real low!
Best Compact Infra red heater for the Money
This Lifesmart Compact-Infrared Heater can heat up a room of up to 800 sq ft efficiently. It has 3 energy saving settings including a 500 watt eco setting.
The cabinet is compact and fireproof, which keeps it cool to touch. Molded handles are provided to easily carry the heater from one room to another.
Users love the handy remote control that makes it easy to operate this unit that has 3 infrared quartz elements. Many say that in less than ten minutes this heater can heat up a room from 63 to 73 degrees!
This Bionaire BH3950-U Silent Micathermic Console lightweight heater classifies as the best portable heater for large rooms. It uses micathermic heating elements that use reflective heat and convection to warm up a large room.
It has two heat settings and an adjustable thermostat. The unit also features a large carry handle and wheels for portability.
Users love the Bionaire BH3950-U as it is very silent and automatically shuts off when overheated or accidently tipped off making it safe to use in houses with kids and pets. User friendly features make this the best portable heater for large room use.
Factors to help choose the best portable heater for a large room
• Fuel – You can choose between an electric or gas heater. While both are said to be effective an electric heater is a lot easier to use.
• Design – There are more than one choice of designs on the market. The design you choose is left to your taste and preference and also space availability. Here are a few of the designs available-, tower, radiator, caseboard, panel, patio and tabletop.
• Power – Electric heaters are available in 120 to 240 volt designs. The higher the rating the more effective will the unit be.
• Cost & Energy Savings – The energy bills you pay reflect on more than one factor. Fuel costs, climate, and insulation greatly affect the energy costs. However buying a portable heater of a good brand can help in realizing some energy savings.
• Controls – While buying a heater make sure you buy one that has programmable thermostats and timers. This allows you to keep your room at an optimum temperature and also save on your energy bills.
• Safety Features – Most heaters today have safety features. Be sure to check if the unit you buy has reliable overheat protection switches and flame-resistant cases to ensure there are no accidents.